- Colgin IX Estate 2009
97 points, Wine Advocate The 2009 IX Estate Red Wine is another breathtaking wine. It is the coolest, most inward of these 2009s. Graphite, tar, smoke, savory herbs, licorice and black fruit are some of nuances that emerge from the IX Estate. Here, too, the tannins are quite imposing at this stage, but the integration of fruit and structure is superb. This has more than enough stuffing to age for a number of years. The 2009 IX Estate is 69% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc and 6% Petit Verdot. Anticipated maturity: 2016-2026.
- Chateau Margaux 2005
100 points, Wine Spectator Black in color, delivering extraordinary aromas of blackberry, raisin, spices and fresh mushroom. Full-bodied, with an amazing core of ripe fruit, yet ultrabalanced and finely textured. Touches every taste bud. This incredible young red spent two years in new wood, but you can't tell. It's all glorious fruit. A legendary wine. Best after 2017. –JS
- Lail Mole Hill 2009
Not rated- “Very much in the style of our inaugural 2007 Mole Hill bottling, this wine clearly expresses the classic Howell Mountain characteristics of blackberries, Asian spices, dried herbs and dark chocolate. It has the firm but fine tannins often seen from the appellation, and ends with a cigar box and creamy vanillin finish, showing great finesse and the potential for longevity in the cellar.” —Philippe Melka, Winemaker
- Abreau Madrona Ranch 2005
96+ points, Robert Parker
The 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon Madrona Ranch is an extraordinary wine that has a European structural profile imposed on the incredibly rich, pure fruit of Napa. Incense, creme de cassis, licorice, toasty oak, and spring flowers are all present in the complex aromatics. In the mouth, the wine is full-bodied, very rich in extract and depth of concentration, but there is a beautiful delineation because of the structural aspects and the sweet tannins, which are present but never aggressive. This is a beauty that should hit its stride in 5-7 years and last for three decades-plus.
- Abreu Madrona Ranch 2007
97-100 points, Robert Parker
Made from a similar blend, the 2007 Madrona Ranch is phenomenal. Scorched earth, charcoal, graphite, blackberry, cassis, chocolate, and forest floor notes make for a provocative smorgasbord of aromas. In the mouth, the wine is full-bodied and dense with incredible intensity, richness, and length. Licorice and flower characteristics also emerge from this full-throttle, seamlessly-constructed wine. A modern day legend in the making, it should age for three decades or more.
- Abreu Howell Mountain 2007
98+ points, Robert Parker
The riveting 2007 Howell Mountain exhibits aromas of black raspberries, blueberries, crushed rocks and flowers along with full-bodied power accompanied by an ethereal delicacy and sublimity that make it a haunting wine to smell and taste. It should drink well for 25+ years.
- Abreu Thorevilos 2008
98 points, Wine Advocate
As outstanding as all the Abreu wines are, if I had to choose one that stands apart from the others it would be Thorevilos. The 2008 Thorevilos is the most complete and deeply satisfying of Abreu’s 2008s because the balance of fruit and structure is so impeccable. The 2008 literally explodes onto the palate with masses of dark fruit, tar, licorice and smoke. There is a fleshiness and depth of the fruit here that separates the Thorevilos from the other 2008s. Layers of fruit build towards the massive, masculine finish. In 2008 Thorevilos is 55% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Cabernet Franc and 15% Petit Verdot. Anticipated maturity: 2018-2038.
- Andrew Will Two Blondes 2003
Bright and lively, with a strong herbal note running through the raspberry and red cherry flavors, finishing with refined tannins. Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc. Best after 2008. 147 cases made
- Colgin Cariad 2006
98 points, Wine Advocate Meriting the same rating I gave it at its release, the 2006 Cariad is composed of 57% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Merlot, 11% Cabernet Franc and 7% Petit Verdot. One of the stars of the vintage, this thrilling, opaque purple-colored wine offers up sweet espresso, jus de viande, blackberry, blueberry, flower and chocolate aromas. A fabulous texture, tremendous purity, sensational brightness and authoritative flavor intensity allied to striking complexity and elegance are the signature of this creative blend from the David Abreu vineyards of Thorevilos and Madrona Ranch. Six hundred cases were produced. Give this wine another 3-4 years of cellaring and enjoy it over the following 15+.
- Au Sommet 2009
93 points, Wine Advocate
The 2009 Au Sommet is a bit lighter on its feet than the 2008. Sweet, silky tannins frame the fruit. Unlike the 2008, the 2009 is not particularly wild or exotic. Instead, it is a wine that stands out for its textural finesse and understated personality. This mid-weight, gracious Cabernet Sauvignon should be cellared for another year or two and enjoyed over the following decade. Anticipated maturity: 2014-2024.
- Buccella Cuvee Katrina Eileen 2010
The dynamic duo fruit sources for this wine are Yountville and Coombsville. 100% Cabernet Sauvignon, aged 24 months in 100% New French Oak, 100% killer wine! We suggest turning off your cell phone, logging off your PC and not talking to anyone while enjoying this stunning Cabernet, unless of course you're willing to share. Consulting winemaker: Celia Welch.
- Andrew Will "Two Blondes" 2003
- Trefethen Halo 2006
96 Points, Connoisseurs Guide-
“From the very first sniff, this wonderfully well-composed wine conveys enormous depth and complexity, and it shows layers of lovely oak, sweet briar and the classic loamy traits of Napa Cabernet...”
- Au Sommet 2009
- Plumpjack Reserve Cabernet 2009
- Anakota Helena Dakota Vertical (3 vintage, 2btl or ea, in OWC)
- Aubert "Lucia Abreu" 2006
- A.P Vin "Kanzler Vineyard" 2010
- Harlan Maiden 2008
- Carniale 2009
- Casanova di Neri Brunello di Montalcino Tenuta Nuova 2007
- Cayuse Syrah Bionic Frog 2007
- Cayuse Syrah Bionic Frog 2008
- Chateau d'Yquem Sauternes 1998 375ml
- Chateau d'Yquem Sauternes 2001 375ml
- Chateau La Conseillante 2005
- Chateau Lafite Rothschild 2003
- Cheval des Andes 2007
- Clos Mimi Hommage a Henri Bonneau Grenache 2003 (375ml)
- Dalla Valle "Maya" 2008
- Far Niente Dolce Late Harvest Semillon - Sauvignon Blanc 2006 (375ml)
- Domaine de la Janasse Chateauneuf-du-Pape Chaupin 2006
- Levy & McClellan 2004
- Levy & McClellan 2005
- Reynvaan Syrah Stonessence 2009
- Reynvaan Syrah The Contender 2009
- Rhys Vineyards Pinot Noir Family Farm Vineyard 2009
- Luciano Sandrone Barolo Cannubi Boschis 2006
- Casanova di Neri Brunello di Montalcino Tenuta Nuova, Montalcino 2008
- Campagnola Amarone della Valpolicella Classico 2008
- Venturini Massimino Amarone Campomasua 2005
- Boscaini Carlo Zane Valpolicella Classico Superiore Ripasso 2009
- Marchesi di Gresy Nebbiolo Martinenga 2011
- Riparosso Montepulciano d' Abruzzo 2010
- Brancaia Toscana Tre 2010
Showcasing a dark ruby colour and a mineral-driven aroma, the 2008 Arcanum is defined on the nose with dusty oak and dried red fruits. More terroir-driven than the 2007, the 2008 offers cherry, raspberry and red plums as sweet floral scents of lavender honey frame aromatics with subtle hints of mint and herbs. With moderate and granulated tannins, this i s a wine with a structural precision in balance as the acidity echoes finesse and elegance
- Arcanum I 2006
- Chateau Beaucastel Coudoulet de Beaucastel Cotes du Rhone 2010
- Cercius Cotes du Rhone Vieilles Vignes 2011
- Domaine Maby Cotes du Rhone Variations 2010
- Papillon des Launes Rouge 2009
Deep ruby color with brick-red tints. Powerful nose, almost savage, starting with notes of venison, followed by ripe, cooked fruit. At first the tannin is notably present, then the delicately dosed volume in the mouth is pleasant and affable.
- Domaine Pierre Henri Morel Chateauneuf du Pape Lieu Dit Pignan 2009
- Chateau Batailley 2008
- Njiro Syrah, IGT 2009
- L'Illuminata Barolo Tebavio La Morra 2005
- Chianti Riserva Duca di Saragnano 2008
- Can Blau Montsant Blau 2011
- New Age NV
- Bodegas Ateca Atteca Armas 2009
- Bodegas Volver Tarima Hill 2010
- Majuelos de Espana Pieza El Coli 2008
- De Lisio Grenache 2006
- Clarendon Hills Sandown Cabertnet Sauvignon 2006
- Torbreck Woodcutters Shiraz 2011*
- KC Jones, Merlot Surfliner 2007
“Surfliner is delicious red wine. Period. It is generous, friendly, approachable and tasty. It varies in composition from year to year depending upon the character of the fruit and the compatibility of the lots. Think of it as a snapshot of the vintage. My first bottling, 2007, was an amazing Merlot from Knights Valley. It needed no help. In future vintages look for Syrah, Zinfandel, Cabernet and other red grapes to make their way into the blend. This wine offers concentrated flavors of black cherry, mocha and sweet sage that unfold to a layer of minerality.”
- Anne Amie Vineyards 'Cuvee A' Pinot Noir 2011
- T-VINE ZINFANDEL NAPA VALLEY 2009
Winemaker Fernando Candelario had the entire pantry of flavors to work with here to craft the complete Zinfandel experience. Blackberry pie, a whole bunch of spice, and everything nice will jump up and say hello when you pull the cork. 20% new American Oak supported by one-year-old French barrels puts a nice bow on the whole bundle of berry flavors.
- Napa Cellars Zinfandel*
- Va Piano Vineyards Syrah 2009
92 points, Robert Parker
A beautiful Syrah, the 2009 Syrah Estate comes from estate vineyards and was fermented with 18% whole cluster and aged in 20% new French oak. It offers up a knockout bouquet of smoked duck, wild herbs, mulled blackberries and chocolate to go with a medium to full-bodied, balanced and brilliantly rich palate. Showing no hard edges, notable freshness and a clean, classically constructed finish, it will continue to shine through 2019+. Drink now-2019.
- Mt Brave Cabernet Sauvignon 2009*
92 points, Wine Advocate
The 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon comes across as quite soft and lush for a Mt. Veeder wine. Dark red fruit, flowers, mint and crushed rocks are some of the notes that flow through to the intense, saline finish. I especially like the energy and drive here. Anticipated maturity: 2013-2024.
- Inglenook (Formerly Rubicon Estate) Cabernet Sauvignon Cask 2009
- Schweiger Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon 2007
Tasting Notes - A rich, full-bodied Cabernet, deep in color. The nose of the wine is lively with essences of dark berries, plum, dark chocolate, and toasty oak. The sweet, supple entry crescendos into a deeply intense middle; followed by a pleasant, velvety, lingering finish.
- Orin Swift Papillon 2010
92 points, Wine Spectator
Deliciously rich and creamy textured, this fans out to offer a complex mix of dark berry, graphite, cedar and loamy earth, gaining depth and persistence on the finish. Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Petit Verdot and Malbec. Drink now through 2020. 6,400 cases made. –JL
- Stag's Leap Wine Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Artemis 2010
- Domaine Chandon Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2010
- Wente Southern Hills Cabernet Sauvignon 2011
The Cabernet Sauvignon exhibits flavors of black cherry, dark plum and a hint of coffee. Rich, yet approachable tannins provide a long, smooth finish.
- DANCING HARES 2009 MAD HATTER CABERNET BLEND
- Kuleto Estate Native Son 2009
- Bennett Lane Maximus 2008
- Cliff Lede Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc 2011*
- Michel Girard Sancerre Sauvignon Blanc 2012*
Welcome to Sarasota Fine Wine & Tastings. Our Mission is to be the premier wine store in Sarasota and online by providing our customers with the finest products and unsurpassed service in a boutique shop setting, at prices that they can appreciate. Sarasota Fine Wine & Tastings is the Sarasota wine store that people of all knowledge and expertise can shop at in person or online, from novice drinkers to connoisseurs. Please email us if you have any suggestions or don't find what you are looking for.
Thanks again for visiting the premier Sarasota wine store and tasting bar.
1 in stock
4 in stock
1 in stock
6 in stock
3 in stock
out of stock
9 in stock
1 in stock
2 in stock
out of stock
out of stock
out of stock
1 in stock
1 in stock
3 in stock
Sign up and receive daily specials and exclusive wine offers.
- Christine on Monthly Wine Tasting- General Information
- Kaye Fonte on Wine: How do you unlock its flavors in your glass?